Saturday, October 27, 2012

Some get away...

One of the other things I have realized as I begin keeping more postcards for my own collection is that there will always be a few that "get away." Sometimes a postcard you passed on at a show, or had in your collection but sold come back to haunt you later when you realize you wish you had it. As I become more experienced in identifying rare and unusual postcards, I find I have more moments where I realize I wish I hadn't sold a postcard early in my collecting days. I view this more as a learning opportunity than something to dwell on though. Below is a fantastic card that I wish I had back right now, as it would be perfect for the book I am working on. I sold it on Ebay, but probably could have gotten more for it and would gladly trade the money I received to get it back.


Next post: The elusive Hallowe'en postcard.

2 comments:

  1. I think so! I think maybe these guys were just having fun experimenting, I would love to know if this contraption ever got off the ground.

    ReplyDelete