Friday, October 12, 2012

Nantucket

Sorry for my absence, work is getting hectic! Here are some beautiful new postcards I got just this week. I am listing some of them on Ebay, but may keep a few. I am starting to really appreciate the quality of Detroit Publishing brand postcards!

Many of these are photos taken by a man named H. Marshall Gardiner. He took thousands of photos of Nantucket and many of his best were made into postcards. Most of these are photos by Gardiner:

You can see the corner markings where this card was once housed in an album.

These two Rainbow Fleet cards are pretty nice, but also fetch a price on Ebay that is too good to pass up!








I am getting excited for the Portland Postcard Show coming up next weekend! What are you looking forward to this week?

2 comments:

  1. Love the horse and buggy and the rainbow sails.

    I am looking forward to spending two more days at our "bit of earth" and going out to Earlham later this week. Do you need a new Earlham hoodie?
    xo

    ReplyDelete