Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Football Season



The college football season is yet another sign that Fall is underway, and the NFL is now in full swing as well. These are two more reasons why Fall is such a great season.


I found this series of nine football players posing for photos while sifting through a box of postcards at a local antique store. Looking for truly great postcards can be kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack, and I imagine it is even more so for experienced collectors. 


They probably see the same cards over and over and are less likely to find cards worthy of their collections. As a new collector, I still find great joy in the "treasure hunt" every time I look through a new box of cards.


I think these young men are probably college or possibly even high school players, although I couldn't say where they are from, and there were no notes or other indications of where they played. A far cry from today's uniforms, but the same common poses of young men who believe they are invincible at the top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment