Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Jamaica

One of the most challenging things about the hobby of postcard collecting is deciding what, exactly , you are going to collect. There are collectors of photo postcards, street views, particular topics like logging or other occupations, certain series of cards, holidays and many more. So far, I have been content to just grab anything that looks interesting to me, but I am starting to realize that I may need to focus on certain subjects, and sell the other cards I don't need. This Jamaica card, like the last one I posted, is a good example of one that is tough to sell, because it is just that cool. The fact that someone put it in the mail 106 years ago is just awesome.



This past weekend I went to the Portland Postcard Show and picked up some new finds, but it is a challenge not to just grab every card I like. I will likely set up as a seller for the first time ever at the next show in February, so I need to start thinking less about which postcards I like, and more about what potential buyers will like. I will post more soon about the postcard show, it was a great time!

1 comment:

  1. curating and editing.
    it's the challenge of every collector.

    ReplyDelete