Saturday, August 18, 2012

Welcome to Artful Geographic

About a year ago I found some postcards at a garage sale, and had no idea that it would lead to a love of all things related to antique and vintage paper ephemera. Since that moment, I have learned so much about the history of postcards and, through them, the social history of the United States.

As a history teacher, I have a solid background in the important events of America's history. What I love about postcards and photos, though, is their ability to capture the less momentous parts of our nation's history. Over the last year, I've found that these are actually far more interesting moments. Photo postcards in particular offer a rare and welcome glance into the lives of average Americans.

I hope to share some of my more interesting finds on this blog, as well as promote a number of creative projects I am working on related to vintage and antique ephemera. I look forward to your comments and suggestions, readers, and hopefully your wisdom when I miss something important!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Congratulations on your launch! Looking forward to so much more. xo

    ReplyDelete