Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Anonymity


Anonymous Violinist (1918-1930)
One of the most frustrating things about many photo postcards that you'll find if you are a collector is the relative anonymity of them. Too often you find a great postcard and wonder "Who is this?" or "Where was this photo taken?" One of the things I want to do on this blog is enlist the help of readers in identifying a few of the ones I'm stuck on. Maybe we'll even have some competitions with prizes. Sometimes, though, as in the case of this violin player, there's little hope of identification. In these cases we must be content with looking at a cool, yet anonymous, photo.

By the way, I will dedicate a future post to how I date the postcards I find. It's easy of there's a postmark, but there often isn't.

Also, I am following up on a lead tomorrow afternoon that could result in my biggest postcard acquisition yet, and I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment