Monday, September 10, 2012

Caption Contest

Sorry for the spotty posting the during the last week, it was the first week of school and things are a bit hectic in Beaverton. Due to Budgetpocalypse, we have enormous class sizes. My classes range from 41 to 46 students...yikes. It has been a busy week. I have some ideas for posts this week, including a look at some of the 3000 or so postcards I recently purchased in my first real large buy. For now, though, I will introduce my first caption contest. Every once in a while when I find a really weird postcard, I will challenge you to come up with some truly great captions for it. In the future I hope to award prizes for the best ones. Put on your creative caps!

This postcard was sent from Terre Haute, Indiana in 1909.

What should the caption be?

5 comments:

  1. "I know you ain't makin' fun of my lil brother!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Papa said I could keep him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honest ma...I'll share my bananas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Good work guys, I will leave this up for a bit to allow otehrs to contribute. I am going to the Portland postcard club meeting this Saturday and hope to lure some new readers there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This monkey thinks he can beet me in speling,who doz he thinc he iz?

    ReplyDelete